Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Board Meeting!

Sunday, January 20, 2013 I was invited to attend the GLBT History Museum of Central Florida's monthly board meeting held at The Center. It was an interesting experience for me, because I have never attended anything like that before. However It was very nice to be able to meet more people from the museum, who have dedicated their free time to collecting and preserving the GLBT history of our area. Each member took turns going over what their acting role is responsible for going over. I even got a chance to explain what all I have done so far. Like how I've organized the storage unit and all that fun stuff. I was even given some feedback from the board on things to keep my eyes out for and things to research.

Overall it was a great experience! It is making me feel much more professional than I am usually comfortable with, but it is a welcomed challenge!

Before I part, I have to mention the highlight of my day today. As we were in the middle of our meeting, a drag queen in a fabulous Lady Gaga looking costume appeared at the back door of the room we were in (Bananas, a 24 hr. diner run by drag queens shares a wall with The Center). Nobody flinched, they just continued on with the meeting as if that were an every day occurrence. It made me giggle quietly to myself. Then it made me think: "This is my world. These are my experiences, and I am blessed to be able to share them openly!"

Until next time,

-Kyle the intern

No comments:

Post a Comment